Building Unity

We’re turning 100 in 2022! Help us share the wisdom of Kabbalah for our next 100 years! DONATE NOW


Main Menu

Events & Classes


Main Menu

Membership


Become a Member

Find more wisdom and practices to elevate your self, your life, and the people around you. From weekly articles and videos to live-streamed and in-Centre classes and events, there is a membership plan for everyone.

View Membership Plans
Featured Membership:
Onehouse Community
  • Benefits include:
  • All live-streamed classes
  • All in-Centre classes*
  • 10% discount in our bookstores*
  • And much more...
  • Join Today
  • *At participating locations. Restrictions apply.
Main Menu

Guidance


Go even deeper into the wisdom of Kabbalah with personalized guidance and chart readings.
Free Consultation With a Teacher

Our dedicated instructors are here to help you navigate your spiritual journey.

Request Yours
Kabbalistic Astrology Chart Reading

Learning about our soul through an astrological chart helps to give more meaning and greater understanding to the experiences we face, the people we know, the work we do, and the forks in the road.

Book a Chart Reading
Personal Guidance – Kabbalah Centre Services

One-on-one personalized sessions with an instructor to delve deeply into an area that interests you or support where you need it most. Meetings span from relationships to tikkune to deep Zohar study, all customized especially for you.

Book a Guidance Session

Building Unity

Kabbalah Centre
December 24, 2014
Like Share Comments

In the Zohar portion of Vayigash, we read about a meeting between two brothers who represent two energy forces. One brother is Zeir Anpin (representing the 99% Reality) and the other is Malchut (representing the 1% physical world). The two forces also represent two messiahs – one from the House of David and the other from the House of Joseph.

The messiah from the House of Joseph is a force of unity, a force which comes every generation and then disappears. The messiah of the House of David is a force that will last forever. When it comes to our lives and our study of Kabbalah, our goal is to combine these two energies together. The way to do it is by finding unity between our actual selves and our potential selves. We must not feel like the journey (our actual selves) is the most important thing, or that the journey’s purpose (our potential selves) is more important. Both are equally important, and when unified, can lead us to greatly improve the quality of our lives.

This week’s portion talks about the power of negotiation. Sometimes we don’t know how to negotiate – to push or not to push? How do we know if we should keep pushing? If we stop pushing, are we just giving up?

When two people have an argument, it is not because each person believes they are wrong – it is because they believe they are both right. They are each just seeing a different point of view of the argument. Usually, one is busy with the future outcome, and the other is concerned with the present moment. When we identify the role perspective plays in arguments, it becomes easier to make an effort to understand the other person’s point of view. As we grasp where the other person is coming from, we tend to develop compassion for their side and lessen our resolve to be ‘right’, to win the argument. In this way, we overcome pettiness and build unity with others, while also connecting to our actual and potential selves.

I hope that the lessons in this portion will help us become united with all people; to be connected to our actual selves and to our potential selves.


Comments