The day after Pesach we entered a 49-day period known as the Counting of the Omer, a time that puts our spiritual growth to the test. This period culminates with the holiday of Shavuot and the giving of the Torah on Mount Sinai. Shavuot is a day in which we can connect to the totality of the Light of the Creator. However, on the 33rd day of the Omer, we are given a breath of fresh air, Lag B’Omer, which marks the passing of Rav Shimon Bar Yochai. All of the gates of heaven are opened during the celebration of Lag B’Omer; the kabbalists tell us it is one of the most influential days of the year to awaken blessings. According to Kabbalah, on the day a person leaves this world, they leave behind an imprint of the totality of their wisdom and light. Therefore, on the anniversary of Rav Shimon’s passing, the Light of the Zohar is available in its entirety to every single one of us.
The wisdom of the Zohar was allowed to be revealed only by virtue of the unity between Rav Shimon and his students. This is one reason we all come together on Lag B’Omer – because unity is the key to connecting to that Light! In Kabbalah Centres around the world, students gather to make this day not just a personal experience, but a global one as well.
- Rav Shimon Bar Yochai
- The Light of the Zohar by Rav Berg
- An Opening for Humanity by Karen Berg
- Connecting to the Tree of Life Reality with Rav Berg
- Rav Shimon Bar Yochai and the Elimination of Blockages with Rav Berg
- A Time of Merriment and Joy with Karen Berg
- The Assistance of Rav Shimon Bar Yochai to Eliminate Judgement with Michael Berg