Rosh Hashanah Seminar 2010
Lesson 1: Preparing for Rosh Hashanah in the Month of Virgo
You must have a Kabbalah.com Membership
to access this content.
Click here to upgrade your account.
December 26, 2013
August 15, 2010
- Timeline of Virgo and Libra: New Moon of Virgo, First Day of Creation, Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur
- Expanding our vessel (desire) to increase our ability to transform
- Thirteen lights appear during Virgo to show us what we need to transform
- Anger as a corrupted desire
- Creating the perfect vessel rather than drawing Light
- Types of negativity that damage our vessel in terms of talking: speaking badly about others, lying, boasting and bragging
- Allowing Short-circuits for the purpose of keeping peace in the home
- Areas where negativity comes from: negativity we create, negativity that happens to us for the sake of cleansing, negativity received from our families
- The power of Mikveh and tools for cleansing
- Four levels of cleansing: simple repentance (teshuvah), connecting to Yom Kippur, experiencing pain and suffering, death
- Rav Ashlag on our effort and experiencing proactive pain
- Chilul Hashem: representing the Light and turning others away from spirituality
- A poor man is equivalent to a dead man: cleansing when we feel as though we have lost everything
- Falling from the System of Impurity before climbing the System of Purity
- Four ways to know we are perfecting our vessel: feeling more at peace, feeling a natural love for others, feeling closer to our teachers, understanding and appreciation for the secrets of Kabbalah
Join David as he shares teachings and consciousness that can help us use the gifts of the month of Virgo to prepare for the connection we willl make during Rosh Hashanah.
About This Course
Throughout the year we have opportunities to connect with unique and powerful spiritual energies. Increasing our awareness of these windows in time and understanding the kabbalistic prayers and tools that establish our connection not only improves our lives, but creates the positive change and lasting fulfillment we desire while drawing these divine energies to support the entire world.